Thursday, November 13, 2008

Back in the Gym

My first day back in faaaaaaaar too long, so I took it easy.
First the run:
1.23m in 18min
That works out to 14min 38sec per mile.
Not a personal record by any means...but a good start back on the road.
I did a minute run, minute walk, then 1.5 run, 1.5 walk...finally 2min run, 2min walk.
The surprising thing for me is that even the 2min runs weren't all that difficult.

Then I did the normal warm up.
I can still do two deadhang pullups, so I only lost one.
Again, not a big number, but not too shabby given how long it's been since I was in the gym.

After the warm up I decided to take it semi easy and just benchmark the squat and the bench for myself.
I started with an empty bar for squats and did 5 reps each weight, adding 10# each time until failure.
So 45-55-65-75

Then the same for the bench.
45-55-65-75-85-95-105-115-125
*Going back to look, 125 is a new personal record, flippin sweet! I'm less than 40 pounds from body weight!

Not the biggest baddest workout, but again...I think it was a good place to get started again. I'll try and hit the gym again on Saturday morning and do a WOD.
We'll see.

No comments: