Sunday, August 3, 2008

WOD

Start with a run:
1.32m in 20minutes.
That's 15m 9s/mile (pr)

I think I'm going to start doing the 5 minute warmup walk seperate from the run. That should drastically up my time at first. We'll see.

Then the cfwu. 90 situps, 25 back extensions, 10 squats with just the bar, 6 pullups with 60#assist. No dips as they are included in the wod.

The WOD:
Complete as many rounds in 20 minutes as you can of:
15 Push-ups
12 Ring dips
115 pound Push-press, 9 reps


I did 3 rounds.
Dips were done on the assist machine with 80# of help.
Push Press was only 50#

First round was good.
Second saw failure right at the beginning. Had to do pushups 5-5-5
The dips again failure 6-6
Push press I got through.
Second round same 5-5-5, 6-6, and the push press I did 6-3.

I think I worked out the numbers pretty well given that I hit failure quickly but not so brutally that I had to break them out into singles.
My goal is to keep it about like that with whatever workouts I do for rounds. The weights and assist I use should cause failure, but not so badly that I can't get through the workout.

After that, squats 5x5 65-85-65-65-65

No comments: