Monday, August 4, 2008

workout partner

I took my sister with me last night to the gym. Mostly it was a laid back workout, we just focused on doing a few things to get her going again.
Walked for a little over 20 minutes. Met a powerlifter named Cynthia. She was really nice too.
Then we went down and I showed her the CFWU.
She said I was sick for calling that a warm up.

Then we worked on our deadlift.
She managed 85#
I managed 175. That's a new personal record. Go me.

We finished up with squats. A 5x5. Really shouldn't have done it since I did yesterday. But I used lower weights really since we were on a machine and I did it for her.
She can squat like no one's business. I can't wait to see her do the freeweights.

That's it really. It was very cool to have a partner. Someone to talk to and do the exercises with. Hopefully she'll get a membership. We'll see.

No comments: