Sunday, July 20, 2008

i can't do those yet

So the WOD was supposed to be handstand push-ups and L Pull-ups...only I can't do either so had to substitute. It was still a great workout.
Started with another run.
1.18 miles in 20 minutes.
That puts me at 16m 56s/mile, another personal record. Woohoo!

Though, to be honest, the personal records should probably be coming fast and strong for the first few months as I whip myself into some semblance of healthy shape.

I did the CFWU without the pull-ups and dips since the wod is pull-up centric.

Then the WOD:
For time:
15 Handstand push-ups
1 L Pull-up
13 Handstand push-ups
3 L Pull-ups
11 Handstand push-ups
5 L Pull-ups
9 Handstand push-ups
7 L Pull-ups
7 Handstand push-ups
9 L Pull-ups
5 Handstand push-ups
11 L Pull-ups
3 Handstand push-ups
13 L Pull-ups
1 Handstand push-up
15 L Pull-ups

I did regular pushups and assisted pullups, starting with 90# assist. On the very last set I went to 100# and then whenever I hit muscle failure I'd add 10# and rest for 20 seconds.
Managed to get through the first 3 sets okay. The fourth was where my arms started to fail and began taking 20 and 30 second rests.
Took me 19min to get through the whole workout.

After, I worked squats. First with free weights and then with the isolation machine. It was a good workout and I feel like I'm making progress.
Only time will tell.

No comments: