Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Kettlebells what?

While I was in Jersey this weekend I met a woman who is doing crossfit. She was telling me to check out her guns, half proud and half joking, and I remarked that I didn't doubt her strength, I'd seen what she was packing earlier.
We laughed and she said "That's what happens when you hit the kettlebells"
To which I replied..."Kettlebells? Really?"

And we went on from there. You see, almost no one outside of hardcore weightlifters or Crossfit folks use kettlebells. They are too 'weird', I guess, for the mainstream. So then we started discussing how she got into it, how I got into it. How it's been going for me just these few weeks.
It was weird hearing someone else so excited about it.

I'm feeling good too. The week off was longer than I had planned, but last night at jiu jitsu I felt more comfortable than I have in a while, and I'm looking forward to my workout tonight.

I don't know...but I'm happy...and that's a good thing.

No comments: